5 Positive things that motivated me this week.
Happy Friday Friends! Last week after months of training, I finally got to run the Seattle 1./2 marathon. I CRUSHED my goal by finishing the 13.2 miles in 1hr 33 mins. A personal best. My biggest take away from the race was how mentally prepared I was for it. By being mentally prepared, I was confident and focused throughout the race. It was Me VS Me. It was knowing I can do hard things and keep on going with one foot in front of the other. I've been feeling more accomplished lately by doing things for me and not for anyone else. Knowing that I don't need to prove anything to anyone except myself allows me to enjoy what I do more, do it with more confidence, and with more passion. Never stop doing you! Here are this weeks 5 bullet points.
- Quote: “By starting and doing, you're not only learning, you're creating opportunity" - Me
- Podcast: Tim Ferriss 17 Questions That Changed My Life
- Music I'm Listening to: Jungle - Happy Man
- Something I am pondering: Am I spending the right amount of time, doing the right thing?
- What I'm working on: Treating my side hustle as a full time job. dedicating my "9-5" time to working on client work, design, etc. Then my morning and night is dedicated to my personal projects.
I'm a regular guy chasing a dream. A dream of being my own boss and being fully responsible for my income and wellbeing. These blog post are to keep track of my progress, but they are also to inspire another person to take action on pursuing their dreams. I really hope you get something from these post. Thank you for your attention.
Please share this with a friend that might benefit from this!