Why it's important to be in a funk.
For the past week I have been in a weird funk that left me semi unmotivated and had me questioning myself everyday. When I get in these funks, I begin to make bad routine choices, and I start to make excuses, plus I start feeling like shit. Then I get in a mental battle with myself because I KNOW what I should be doing to level up. I think these are some of the most important moments in life because good change happens here, and self awareness happens here, and the opportunity to grow starts here. Here is my thought process.
Self awareness: I know I'm feeling shitty. So I asked myself WHY. What am I doing to feel this way? What am I attracting?
I know I am the one in control: I am the one making choices. What lifestyle choices am I making that have me feeling down, and what do I need to change? What do I need to do/start doing?
I think it's important to have these moments because they keep us in check. "Having purpose is the opposite of depression" (Cathy Heller) and NO ONE LIKES FEELING SHITTY. I know I don't. I almost didn't write this because I was feeling down about myself. But I need these post to remind me how important it is to be positive, and how important it is to have purpose every day. If you are actually reading this... THANK YOU! For reals. You honestly give me energy to keep going forward. With that.. Here is week 037 of #HighFiveFriday
- Quote: It's not fun to feel mediocre - Cathy Heller
- Podcast (interview): The Jordan Harbinger Show | Cathy Heller. Being Creative In Spite of your Day Job.
- Music I'm Listening to: X&G @ LiB 2018
- Something I am pondering: Why am I in a weird funk? What am I doing to attract this feeling? What do I need to change?
- What I'm working on: My mind. I have been in a weird funk, and when I get in a funk, I start beating myself up mentally. And, that turns into me losing confidence in me and it starts going into a downward spiral. So, even though I try to be ultra positive all the time, I do hit these moments where I question myself. Hence I know the thing I need to work on is my mind.
Please share this with a friend that might benefit from this!